Hi, I'm Nayeli!

Hi, I'm Nayeli!
This blog is for all you singles out there! You are not alone! God cares about you and He has a plan. So sit tight, do your best and enjoy the ride ;)

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A New Perspective on Love

Love. What is love? I was watching a movie yesterday with a friend, one of my all-time favorite Bollywood films “Jodhaa Akbar”. In one scene a monk or priest of the temple the king frequents speaks of love. To put it simply, he says “Heaven is a heart that has love in it. Hell is a heart that does not have love in it.”
Love can be many things, and it is many things. We all feel love and show it differently. For some it is in the touch of a hand, for others in a gentle embrace, still for some it is shown through kind words meaningful, thoughtful, and sincere. To love another, and to be loved by another, however, is something more. Is beyond imagination, beyond our capacity to even dream of, and before we feel it it’s beyond our understanding and comprehension. Yet we must know, because somehow we always seem to recognize it. Deep underneath, somewhere in our subconscious lives the understanding waiting to be unlocked by the source of love itself. I, in my own life have loved, and have been loved, and despite being hurt and trust being broken I continue to choose to love again and again. 
Pure love can never really be lost, it can be broken, it can be blinding, and like all love it can be painful, but the pain comes because pure love never really goes away. They may leave you, they may hurt you, and the pain may be beyond everything you’ve ever experienced. But although you have lost them, the love isn’t gone. Love never dies. There is a place where I go to be alone and think, love is with me then. Pain lingers because love does too. My heartbreaks are different now because I have come to understand this. Come what may I choose to love again, because the love is already there. This does not mean I place that love or plant that seed towards the same one who hurt me, but that I turn around and use the same ability to love in order to love another. I have a great capacity to love, and until I choose to force that love out and grow something cold and dark in its place, it will be there, constant and strong, and I can love again. So no, love is never lost, but we can choose to leave it behind. Love is ours. If we allow it, it can live in our hearts today and everyday, if we will nourish it and make the choice to love again. So will you choose to love another day or will you choose to leave it and to let your heart grow cold and dark in its absence?

I have felt Heaven near me as I have chosen to love again and again, regardless of life and circumstances. I truly believe that love is what makes Heaven the paradise of God that it is. What are YOU choosing to live, Heaven or hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment